The more I read about some of the most famous entrepreneurs of our generation and of days gone by, and the more I reflect on my own life and business and personality, the more I’ve confirmed one common trait among nearly all entrepreneurs.
* When I needed a website for my voice over business, I didn’t know how to do it or what to use.
* When I needed to create a mailing list solution, I didn’t know how to set one up or work it.
* When I needed to find a CRM system to manage my database, I didn’t know where to begin.
* When I needed to start direct marketing my voice over services, I didn’t know jack squat about how to market.
* When I needed to do advanced editing for my audio files, I was lost in Adobe Audition.
Every time I was faced with a challenge that had to be overcome in order for me to move forward, I figured it out.
One Common Trait Among Nearly All Entrepreneurs
What’s the trait?
Entrepreneurs figure it out!
The vast majority of this stuff isn’t tough in school. There’s no college course or university degree. Heck I didn’t even go to college!
When an entrepreneur needs to do something, they dive in head first and figure it out.
Entrepreneurs don’t make excuses. They figure it out! Click to Tweet
What’s Holding You Back
We love to say, “I don’t know how,” and then use that as an excuse. I don’t need to tell you there’s a difference between excuses and reasons. Excuses are generally what we use when we’re operating from a place of fear or laziness. There’s no good reason to let an excuse stand in your way.
What aspect of your voice over business are you making up excuses for?
What’s an area you need to grow?
What’s a task you’ve been putting off?
What do you need to get started on?
- Read a blog
- Buy a book
- Watch a video
- Find a mentor
- Ask a question
- Hire a coach
- Take a course
If you want to be a successful entrepreneur, it’s time to figure it out!