Last week started out amazing. By noon Monday I had already booked enough work to meet my weekly budget goal. I was feeling great, flying high and paying bills! All good things. Plus, assuming the week started out that hot, I was convinced the momentum would only make it get better.
And then came Tuesday.
When I woke up sick.
Every self employed voice actors worst fear. A snot filled, sinuses plugged, scratchy throat, sniffly laced, hacking-up-a-lung coughing head cold.
Top 5 Realities Of A Sick Voice Actor
When this cold hits, there are a few realities we all face. See if any of these sound familiar.
- Every audition you submitted in the past two weeks suddenly turns into booked work you can’t accept because you can’t talk.
- Every client you’ve ever worked with in the history of your voice acting career suddenly needs a voice over.
- Every project you’ve completed in the past month returns with a script change you can’t complete because of how you sound.
- Every cold medication in pill, syrup and spray form becomes your daily diet.
- Every morning you wake up and try a test read to see if you’re healed yet… but you’re not.
I’m sure there are more that could be added to this list, but I’m pretty sure these five are the most common.
What about you? Got any you think should be added to the list? Comment below.