One of the ways to connect with your network on LinkedIn is by acknowledging their work anniversaries. If you really want to elevate your game, though, you’ve got to take it one step further. Learn how in this video tip.
Google+ is quickly becoming my favourite social network. It’s proving to be far superior to Facebook in a number of ways, in my opinion. Given the connection to Google, it goes without saying that participating comes with SEO benefits as well.
Although the network has been around for a while, it’s only been fairly recently that it’s really started to gain popularity. Each day I see new people jumping on board. If you’re one of those people there’s one very important step you need to take to improve your profile.
When you hover over a name in Google+ a pop up, for lack of a better term, appears. For all intents and purposes, this is the equivalent of your Google+ business card.
What does yours say?
Surprisingly, most, especially for newcomers, say absolutely nothing! And that means you’re missing out.
If people don’t know who you are or what you do, odds are they’re not going to Circle you. Miss out on being added to Circles and you have just missed out on expanding your network!
How To Add Your Job Title
When people hover over your name you’re going to want it to have your job title. This would be your keyword of choice. Voice Actor, Voice Artist, Voice Talent, Voice Over. Whatever it is that you use in your branding, you’re going to want it to say that.
You do NOT want your card to appear blank.
Improve your Google+ profile in 30 seconds! Click to Tweet
- Go to your profile page.
- Click “About”.
- On the right side you’ll see the heading “Story”. Scroll down. Click “Edit”.
- In the “Tagline” box add a description and include your keyword.
With this one simple profile update, which will take you about 30 seconds to do, you’ll find yourself a lot more easily discoverable and it won’t be long before your network starts to grow!
FOR COMMENT: Are you using Google+ for your voice over business?
With all the various social networks that are at our disposal, it can be a challenge to know where to devote or time and energy. Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest and LinkedIn are all calling out to us.
Personally, I like LinkedIn. It’s a great way to stay connected to clients and colleagues and it’s also been a source of work for me. I try to spend time on the site daily, and am always updating my profile with the latest information.
If you don’t have a lot of time to devote to the site, there are a few things you can do with minimal effort to make your profile better and more likely to standout in searches.
5 Ways To Improve Your LinkedIn Profile
1) Headline: Voice Over, Voice Actor, Voice Talent, one or some combination of these terms needs to be in your headline. Not Self Employed or Owner or Entrepreneur or worse yet, nothing at all. This is good for your SEO.
2) Contact Info: Don’t leave this blank. If someone wants to reach you, make it easy for them. Include your email, your web site, your Twitter account, etc.
3) Custom URL: If you haven’t set one of these up, do it. It makes it so much easier for you to promote your profile and include it in email signatures, on business cards or marketing materials, etc.
4) Experience: If you check my LinkedIn Profile under Experience, you’ll see all my video demos. It’s just one more place to post your demos for free. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity!
5) Connections: Talk to any LinkedIn Expert (I am not one) and they’ll all tell you the same thing. The more connections you have the better. For you, for SEO and for visibility. Use the email search tool to build your connection list. Aim for 500+.
If we haven’t “linked” yet, send me a request. I’d be happy to include you in my network.
For Comment: Does LinkedIn work for you?
Whether you realize it or not, as a voice talent, you are a brand. No different than Pepsi or Nike or McDonalds. Well, maybe you don’t have celebrity endorsers (or maybe you do), but nonetheless, you are still a brand.
As such, you have a responsibility to represent your brand well. Especially in an online marketplace where the exposure potential of your brand is unprecedented. Continue reading Brand Consistency For Your Voice Over Business
I love social media. I use it daily. I’ve met so many great people and honestly learned a lot about being a better voice talent, blogger and entrepreneur from the content that my network shares on a daily basis. Continue reading How Much Does Social Media Cost Your Voice Over Business