There are a lot of things I love about working from home and being my own boss.
- I can sleep in late and stay up late, if I want.
- I don’t have to shave every day.
- I can give myself an hour off, an afternoon off, or a day off and don’t have to fill out any paperwork or submit any vacation requests.
- If I don’t want to get dressed, I don’t have to!
- I’m the President, CEO, CFO and CMO. Master of my own destiny!
- I get to choose who I want to work with and what I want to work on.
- Every day brings new challenges, new opportunities, new experiences.
- One of my favorite jokes, the only idiot I have to answer to now is me!
I love October baseball. There’s something magical about it. You just get an entirely different vibe when you’re watching the games. It’s the playoffs! Teams pull out all the stops. Players step up and become almost superhuman. You see the best that baseball has to offer.
When I worked in radio my shifts would often interfere with my ability to watch October baseball. I missed all the day games because I worked afternoons. By the time I would get home in the evening, I’d often miss a few innings, unless the game was a west coast start.
Never Miss A Moment
I have something new to add to my list of reasons why I love doing voice over and working from home. I never have to miss October baseball again!
On Monday, I watched baseball for nearly 13 hours (and still got all my voice over work done). On Tuesday, I watched baseball all evening (and still got work done).
To some, it may seem like an insignificant thing. But to me, it’s one more reason to make me love my job!